[plug] Re: AGM query

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Dec 3 17:40:21 WST 2003

In message <20031203092610.GE756 at erdos.home>
on Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 05:26:10PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Interesting.  I can't stand documents written in that manner - my eyes
> glaze over after a few clauses beginning along the lines of "subrule (6)
> do not apply ......" -

Yeah, 10(4) confused me, too. It seems (4) makes a statement about (6)
in relation to (2), even though (6) comes after (5) and (2) comes before
(3). Also, I think the HTML paragraphs and punctuation must be a little
out of whack because I can't make sense of half of it, esp. Committee of
Manangement. Given that last year's AGM was late, I was curious to see
how the durations of office are defined, but I'm still not sure whether
there is any such thing in there. I imagine that those involved with
PLUG will know the proper answers from their memories.

> So either I'm mis-parsing this, or these rules have little in common
> with the way Plug is actually governed :-)

I had thought it was the latter, but I don't understand the Rules enough
to know :) I did *try* reading the Rules at various times throughout the
year, though.