[plug] chroot and su

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Dec 15 16:55:01 WST 2003

Hi people,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a simple way to chroot into a certain
directory, drop root priviledges and execute a certain command?  One
obvious solution would be to stick a copy of su into the chroot, but
that would mean also having libc, /etc/passwd and a whole bunch of other
stuff that I'd rather not mess with inside the chroot.

I'm currently using a short C program I wrote myself to do this, but
doing it with only 'standard' utilities installs would be a lot neater.

Cameron.