plug at plug admin role [was: Re: [plug] PLUG Talks Coordinator Role]

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Dec 16 21:55:49 WST 2003

In message <20031216125510.GF7965 at erdos.home>
on Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 08:55:10PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> | | minor but ongoing problems
> | Like you, for instance? :-)

I *am* a problem, but I was not referring to me or to the problems that
I have had. Rather, it appears that there is a large admin workload and
other people experience non-DNS problems that require the admin's
intervention.

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0312162100380.969-100000 at soulasylum.penguincare.com.au>
on Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 09:05:20PM +0800, Matt Kemner wrote:
> Yes please!
>
> I tend to get snowed under, and then when I finally remember to check the
> PLUG mailman admindb, have to spend hours sorting through all the SPAM
> (like right now, 268 "postings held for approval", most of them SPAM.
> eep!)

One point to consider: for some versions of Mailman, having posting-
approval requests mailed to you individually means that you can kill
the messages by replying to the approval request -- no need to go
through the website.