plug at plug admin role [was: Re: [plug] PLUG Talks Coordinator Role]

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Dec 17 00:06:53 WST 2003

> Random pointless stats - in the last year (using "l ~d <1y" in mutt), I
> count 909 from craig at post, 808 from devenish at guild, 715 from
> leon at brooks, and a mere 560 from the distant fourth: cameron at patrick.
> (Apologies if I have left out anyone else with >500 posts this year.)

OMFG. That's rather frightening.

 > I tend to get snowed under, and then when I finally remember to
 > check the
 > PLUG mailman admindb, have to spend hours sorting through all the SPAM
 > (like right now, 268 "postings held for approval", most of them SPAM.
 > eep!)

Woohoo. I'm used to seeing that - my postmaster mailbox for work
(ignored for the last few days because I haven't been able to face it)
just topped 1000 messages :-(

Is there any way to export the 'held for approval' mailbox as, say, an
IMAP mailbox so it can be managed a bit more easily?

 >  Anyone willing to help please contact me, and I'll set up
 > the plug-admin
 > alias accordingly and give you the mailman password.
 >
 > Multiple people would be good - many hands make light work, and
 > all that.
 >
 > I nominate James, Cameron and Craig since they appear to get the
 > most use out of the list ;) (and seem to have the most spare time)

Hmm...

I'd like to think I'm answering questions at least as often as asking
them, personally. As for free time ... I do seem to find a fair bit in
short snippets between "my email isn't working" (read: nobody's emailed
me today) questions. Much of which I should be using for other things,
like work and stuff for CA.

Craig Ringer