[plug] Whats a good xml editor for linux?

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Fri Dec 19 09:15:45 WST 2003

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 08:47:40AM +0800, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <Pine.LNX.4.58.0312182231470.11992 at guildpc7.murdoch.edu.au>
> on Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 10:32:45PM +0800, Pabs wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, William Kenworthy wrote:
> > > Whats a good xml editor for linux?
>
> In what way? I prefer vim, which is great for me because vim is my
> regular text editor.

And if you're using Vim to edit XML, make sure you get some scripts
from vim.org to make life easier:
 - closetag.vim - when you press Ctrl+_, it magically closes the
   last tag that was opened.

 - matchit.vim script which supposedly lets you use the % key to
   find matching tags as it would braces in code, but I haven't
   gotten that to work yet.

And probably some more, though I haven't looked in a while. vim.org
is a very handy site :)

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>