[plug] [OT] pillow fights (was: Columbia)

Shayne shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Mon Feb 3 08:13:28 WST 2003

A Judge can instantly sentence anyone on the spot (including himself) to
a sentence with no top limit (even life) without appeal or review for contempt
of court.

I used to work in the District court, and remember one younger (Ie below 60!)
judge nearly do a cop prosecutor in for  contempt over blundering a case. The
prosecutor almost deserved it too. The victim commited suicide and it was so
damn obvious the attacker was guilty, but the technical evidence didn't quite
match up to legal standard. The Judge had to let the evil bastard off and
mygod she was furious about it. She even made a swipe about making the
prosecutor stand in the corner with a dunce hat on...