[plug] pam_smb

Andre Andre.Thomas at switch.aust.com
Thu Feb 13 15:33:35 WST 2003

Hi,

Having a few issues with the 'nolocal' option in the /etc/pam.d/sshd file.
 I specify that I wish it to not look locally:

auth       required     /lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so nolocal debug

However I still get:

Feb 13 14:58:09 betty sshd[5155]: PAM pam_set_item: NULL pam handle passed
Feb 13 14:58:09 betty sshd[5155]: Failed password for illegal user thomasa
from 10.0.2.111 port 3992

Now, if I add the username to the local machine it doesnt give me this
error.  It still doesnt work (it doesnt seem to be looking up at all) but
thats another issue.  I have even removed everything else from
/etc/pam.d/sshd to make sure nothing else is tryng to look locally.  Im a
bit stumped as to why this is happening, as as far as I can tell, adding
'nolocal' option should be simply straightfoward.

Would it be using any other config in /etc/pam.d in conjuction to the sshd
one?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

André Thomas