[plug] samba connection problems

Quintin Lette quintin at arach.net.au
Sun Feb 16 11:57:46 WST 2003

ok..
As WIndows XP (and 2000) can use solely dns for resolution try adding an entry
in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts which says:

192.168.0.3	Server2

Sorry I have been trying to not modify anything on the XP box but this should
tell us something (and might even work)

On Sunday 16 February 2003 04:37, Ari Finander wrote:
> [...]

ssh? Try connecting via ssh from another machine, or using putty from the xp
box.

my suggestion would be from the esmith (easier)

ssh 192.168.0.3 will suffice as long as you have the same users on both
machines (atleast the currently logged in user) otherwise ssh -l knownuser
192.168.0.3

This won't fix samba, but it will atleast tell us if there are connectivity
issues

Quintin