[plug] MySQL

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Fri Feb 21 10:59:59 WST 2003

This may sound like a stupid question, but I can't see anything in the
MySQL manual about being able to set which interface or interfaces to
get MySQL to listen on, rather than all interfaces.

I've done some Googling and can't find anything there either.

Basically the machine has 3 NICs/IPs and I only want MySQL listening on
one of those NICs/IPs.  I could just block access with iptables, but I'd
prefer it to not be listening on those interfaces at all.  I'm running
version 3.23.54a.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Ben