[plug] dual boot - Windows reinstall

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Thu Feb 27 22:29:09 WST 2003

At 03:11 PM 27-02-2003 +0800, you wrote:
>I have been told that Partition Magic can do this (early version I had
>would not). But fips20 which comes a part of Debian and probably others
>does it very well. Fips20 was even able to slot partitions in between the
>shortened windows and a Hibernate which I didn't want to alter.
>It is near the top of the Debian mirror,
>mirrors/linux/debian/tools
>
>clare

Partition Magic is a very capable piece of software, current release at
version 8.

It must be installed on a Windows PC - but you can then make a set of boot
disks which can be used on any IBM compatible PC.

Partition Magic can create, resize, move and copy partitions in most formats
( see attached .jpg image) which shows all the filesystem types supported by
Partition Magic - version 7, along the bottom of the image.

I cannot verify if Partition Magic supports ext3 filsystems.

Partition Magic is good software - but it can go wrong - so always make sure
you good backup of your system - it is not a perfect world.

Regards Arie