[plug] Mozilla Issues

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Wed Jan 8 13:32:34 WST 2003

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 01:15:21PM +0800, Quintin Lette wrote:
> > I could probably do just as bad a page in PHP or Python - if I knew all
> > the IE-specific "standards" these people use.
>
> hmm, I'm sure you could - but I don't know anyone who would (unless they were
> trying to make trouble)

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Many (windoze) developers creating
web sites use Microsoft's knowledge base for documentation (rather than W3C).
This is regardless if the delivery technology is ISS+ASP or Apache with
PHP/mod_perl/etc... As a result the sites end up using many IE specific
extensions. Most of the time there is equivalent standard functionality,
it's a sorry situation really :(

Regards,

Jason Nicholls
Jason Nicholls    icq: 11745841    email: <jason at mindsocket.com.au>