[plug] Need help with grip under SuSE 8.1

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 09:16:57 WST 2003

> I get a message from the CD player that either a
> CD is not in the tray or my permissions are wrong
> for the CD/ROM. I have checked /dev/cdrom, and the
> permissions are rwx for everything (owner, group,
> world).

Is /dev/cdrom a symlink to your real (IDE?) device,
perchance? (In which case it will always come up rwx
for everyone.) Try checking the permissions on the
device it links to.

HTH
Andrew

=====
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.
Language, be it English or something else, is the only tool flexible
enough to accomplish a sufficiently broad range of tasks.
                          -- Bill Garrett

- What's on at your local cinema?