[plug] Linus

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Tue Jan 21 22:22:42 WST 2003

I was at the dinner table with Linus and his wife and three children
tonight.  They were really nice people (well, the children were asleep
for most of the time, but Linus in particular was really nice).  He
wasn't pretentious or condescending or aloof.  We spoke about things
like his Californian accent and the peculiarities of the Finnish
language, his travel plans, the earliest versions of the Linux kernel,
penguins, life at Transmeta, spam, Bitkeeper, being a father, how RMS
hates him, ipv6, and responding to letters from Eagle Scout leaders.
They are tired and jetlagged but like real troopers they will be roaming
around tomorrow morning for the first day of the conference.  Top marks
to the Torvalds family!

--
JEREMY MALCOLM <Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au> Personal: http://www.malcolm.id.au
Providing online networks of Australian lawyers (http://www.ilaw.com.au)