[plug] Problem with RH 6.2 to 7.3 upgrade

Paul Dean paul at thecave.ws
Sat Jan 25 11:21:42 WST 2003

Hya,

Have you recompiled the kernel to include bsd_comp.o module?

By default it is not included with the kerenel modules, why I don't
know.
But I maintain a dialup server doing the exact same thing firewall/mail
although built from scratch the modem would just hangup, no trace of why
or what happened. Until I noticed the compression module was not part of
the standard modules loaded at dial time.
Now that I have included this module the server is staying up 15+ days
at a time.
Oh yes the server is running RH7.3.

Hope this helps.

--
Paul...

/***** Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to
	recognize a mistake when you make it again.
	-- Franklin P. Jones *****/

/*****All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.
            -- Unknown*****/

/* How smart are Computers? They seem to need instructions all the time...
	-- Me */