[plug] LinuxChix (OT)

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Tue Jan 28 20:37:26 WST 2003

Hi all,

After attending the conf, and listening to the occasional outbursts
regards "no women" at the conf.. and various debates about why..

It occurred to me that perhaps there are women on this list that
already have a "linuxChix" type association or group that is
not openly published.. to that end if anyone knows of such a
group please post back to me as I would like to speak with any
persons involved regards an article in linmagau.

I have checked out LinuxChix which appears to be a US based
(but with a couple of .au(Syd/Melb)chapters) fem network
so I am considering starting a Perth/WA group ?

The whole "no women" in IT thing gets my blood pressure
rising for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that
to some extent it seems "localized" to Australia.
(at least that has been my limited experience)

What are we doing wrong.. apart from not getting girls aged 7
into Linux.. (thanks Bdale) :)

Any interest, or suggestions, please spam me back.

Thanks
Kimberly Shelt
--
http://www.linmagau.org