[plug] mod_rewrite: Out of chickens! (OT)

James Devenish devenish at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 29 10:15:25 WST 2003

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 09:58:36AM +0800, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> Yes, I could probably do this by turning on the redirect rules over a tighter
> scope. I *want* to do this. But as I said, I haven't got it to work yet. I
> guess I'll just have to try reading the manual & debugging again...
>
> I'd rather NOT use <Location> blocks, because we have other devices which
> remap URIs, and I really want to keep this redirection file-based, not
> URI-based.

Given what you have described so far, I imagine you're going to HAVE to
move *something*. If you can't move your "Options None" directories
outside of the directory that has mod_rewrite rules in it, then you have
to move the mod_rewrite rules. I haven't twigged as to what you mean
when you say you want to "keep [the] redirect file-based, not URI-based"
or what you mean by "other devices that remap URIs". But I'm guessing
that if you move your mod_rewrite rules somewhere else, like into the
enclosing <VirtualHost> or host block (or maybe even into an .htaccess
file -- urgh), the rewriting will work as intended. If you refuse to do
that,...any takers?