[plug] E-tax v. Linux

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Fri Jul 4 08:46:08 WST 2003

www.ato.gov.au/2003etax/faqs.asp#Quest5 (it certainly is a 'Quest')

Q: Can I use a Linux operating system or an Apple Macintosh computer for
e-tax?

A: e-tax is not compatible with Linux or Apple Macintosh computer.
However, if you have suitable Windows Emulator software installed you
may be able to use e-tax.

--

It installed under wine perfectly (Gnome2 even put an icon on the
desktop for it with the correct icon).  When I run it, the splash screen

Anyone else tried e-tax under wine yet?  Do you have my blank window
crash and burn problem or know what could be causing it?

Interestingly, I was using 2.4.21-pre4 last night and opening e-tax too
about 6 minutes (just sat around waiting) - strace showed an endless
loop of opening directories.  Upgraded to 2.4.21 final today, no other
changes and now it opens instantly.  *blank stare*

Ryan