[plug] Any PLUGers at the UCC meeting on Friday?

Stephen Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Thu Jul 17 20:47:53 WST 2003

---- Original Message ----
From: fostware at iinet.net.au
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au,
Subject: RE: [plug] Any PLUGers at the UCC meeting on Friday?
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:55:05 +0800

>Stephen Boak wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I'm spending a couple of unplanned days in town, and having "fun"
>> trying to load debian on to a new ACER laptop. It's not going too
>> well, and Harry Mac suggested I might catch up with a couple of
>> 'experts' at the UCC meeting on Friday night.
>>
>> Anyone planning on being there?
>>
>> Steve
>
>Which model? You never know when a Acer reseller may be on the
>list...
>
>Craig F.

OK, See you there whoever turns up. Hopefully Harry will also be
there, so he can do the introductions. I will probabbly arrive and
depart early as I have a 4 hour drive home afterwards.

The laptop is an Acer Travelmate 280, P4, 2ghz (about 4 times faster
than my old desktop :), but I suspect the APC magazine distro I was
trying to use may be corrupt. It may have to wait now until I get
home to my official disk set, unless someone happens to have some
with them tomorrow :)

STeve