[plug] Laptop ACPI problems - was Any PLUGers at the UCC meeting on Friday?

Stephen Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Sat Jul 19 09:32:51 WST 2003

Thanks to all, especially Nick and Harry at the meeting last night,
and Bernard's wise words on this list.

The APC Debian 3.0r1 disks appear to be badly broken, a new set fom
LinuxIT solved the installation problem. The machine is a black
TravelMate 280, very new to the market and not listed in the linux on
laptops site http://www.linux-laptop.net/.

Several peripherals (video, usb, network and possibly others) don't
configure properly, most likely due to ACPI configuration problems
and subsequent allocation of conflicting IRQs.

Nick, can you remind me of the kernel and patch version please - I
know I should have written it down at the time :)

I'm now busy reading lots on ACPI - more later...

Steve