[plug] Craig's uplinks

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Tue Jun 10 20:17:28 WST 2003

Craig Ringer wrote:

> It looks like things are nicely arranged right now so that business
> customers must pay for ISDN if they want reliability. And Telstra
> likes /lots/ of money for business ISDN, especially if you need to go
> above 128k.
>
> Craig

Well the place I work for had permanent 64K ISDN  from sometime in mid
to late 1996 until late last year.  I'd hate to know how much it cost
them in the beginning, I mean I worked out that it cost them
approximately $8000 in the 12 months up until when I wrote the proposal
to changeover to ADSL.  Thats all ISDN charges and internet access
charges through our ISP, with of course the lions share being money
going to Telstra for the ISDN.

It was pretty reliable, but slow as hell and very expensive.

/ Ben