[plug] where I can get ....

Daniel cottmain at plug.linux.org.au
Sat Jun 14 08:14:50 WST 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 07:27, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Anyone know where I can get some quality 2200uf, 6.3v electrolytic
> capacitors in Perth on a Saturday?  DS and Altronics dont stock them, RS
> does but is not open.
>
> The motherboard caps on my main machine are about to rupture ...
>
> If you have a 1-2 yo motherboard check out:
> http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2003Feb/gee20030207018535.htm
> http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=195
>
> I have an abit board, which is around 12 months old.  At least one of
> the (American) posts has canned abits replacement policy ... has anyone
> in Perth have a comment on my chances of getting a replacement from abit
> as its clearly a well known manufacturing fault.
>
> BillK
>
> --
> William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au>

Hi Bill,
Have you tried Jaycar of 326 Newcastle Street (9328 8252)?

Failing that you might try calling "Worldwide Electronic Components"
9367 6330 of 47 George St Kensington.  I don't know if they have what
you want,but they may be able to help.  I told Harry of my discovery of
this shop the other night and he said he'd known Mike for ages!

Cheers,
Daniel.