Unable to mount / (ext error 22) [plug]

Dean Holland speedster at westnet.com.au
Wed Jun 18 00:31:54 WST 2003

Why is it stuff like this only comes to you after a 15 hour shift at work!
:)

I was able to mount the partition successfully as ext2, ran lilo and
rebooted - still got a kernel panic, but this time I saw something I hadn't
last time:

journal inode not found on IDE(0:3)

back into rescue mode, i noticed that when fsck was spamming the console, it
was the same group of dup/bad inodes, and wasn't deleting/cloning them.

tune2fs (re)creating the journal allowed me to mount the partition as ext3,
but I am still getting kernel panics on boot, and fsck still loops on the
same files when scanning for dup blocks.

I can actually get to the partition in rescue mode now, so I'll probably
just recover what I can and format :)

Thanks again!
Dean