[plug] php4 libpng seg fault

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Fri Jun 20 23:00:28 WST 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 20:43, William Kenworthy wrote:
> This is telling you that you have had two different versions of libpng
> at some time.  Was quite a disaster at the time for many people - inc me
> on a Mandrake system - one reason why I moved to gentoo!

In fact, libpng2 and libpng3 are both installed. If I apt-get remove
one, it offers to uninstall my half my work-station. If I apt-get remove
the other, it offers to remove the remaining half.

Not really a solution.

Recompiling is not an option - I'm running a Debian Testing system that
really doesn't need re-compiling at all.

Is there anyway I can tell php4 to use the correct library, rather than
the one it found?

Thanks,

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 from S33:37'33" - E115:07'30" (Dunsborough, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..