[plug] Multi-disk CD backups

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Fri Jun 27 14:27:14 WST 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 14:15, Ryan dribbled on a fair bit:
<snip>

he also typed mkisofs wrong :)

Okay, I should add that another option is to run a script down the tree
and compress everything using ZIP so it is windows backup catalog
friendly (some specific software we use) and would thus have thousands
of smallish ZIP files (I can handle that bit).

What would be needed is a sane way to break them all up in that form so
they are in 700MB volume directories.

I saw something on freshmeat a while back that did this, but it was
seriously buggy when i tried it and I had to give up.

Anyone know of anything else

Ryan