[plug] switching displays

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sat Mar 1 16:51:50 WST 2003

> Hi, I have just spent 15 minutes opening  rather large spreadsheet in
> gnumeric and would like to switch it to another display when I leave for
> work.  That is, its running on display zero at home, and I want to shift
> it to display :9 (vnc) so I can access it without having to close and
> restart it.  Is this possible?

Nope. I wish. IMHO that inability is one key problem with X11's network
transparency - that you can't hand off a client from one server to
another. Would be nice wouldn't it? I've heard occasional speculation
that it might be possible by using some kind of X proxy but I've never
heard of any software that can do it, I'm pretty sure LBX can't for example.

Would be nice, wouldn't it?