[plug] Please someone point me in the right direction... Sound Cards

Clinton Butler artattak at conceptual.net.au
Fri Mar 21 14:00:17 WST 2003

>I had 2 soundcards in my PC for a while, one connected to headphones and
the
>other my stereo. Don't think I had to do anything special and they
>were accessed as /dev/dsp + /dev/mixer and the other /dev/dsp1 +
/dev/mixer1.

that's what I plan to do... but neither card is being picked up at the
moment... just waiting on getting A copy of Debian Woody from a friend..
hopefully sndconfig will help

>Have you actually got both sound cards in the computer at the moment?

Yes, duh

>I don't think a HOWTO is necessary because I just plugged in the 2nd card
and
>RedHat was nice enough to autoconfigure it for me.

sorry to say it but I'll NEVER convert to Redhat! I am trying to use Debian
(no offence).

regards

Clint

** Debian Forever!