[plug] Please someone point me in the right direction... Sound Cards

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Mar 21 14:20:22 WST 2003

>that's what I plan to do... but neither card is being picked up at the
>moment... just waiting on getting A copy of Debian Woody from a friend..
>hopefully sndconfig will help

You'll need to make sure you're loading the right kernel module to drive
the sound card, then. Its probably nothing to do with having two sound
cards, just that you don't have either set up at all.
"lspci" will tell you what the cards are unless there's ancient ISA
horror involved, and then you can have a look around (try google) for
info on the right driver module to use with the card(s).

>sorry to say it but I'll NEVER convert to Redhat! I am trying to use Debian
>(no offence).

*lol*
I've just been forced to RH for the new dual Xeon at work and it works a
treat, but with one massive problem - up2date /sucks/, at least compared
to apt. The "view advisory" option is v. cool but where's my mirrors list?!?
(someone kindly pointed me at apt4rpm on [plug] recently when I asked
about that - thanks, though I haven't had a chance to try it out yet)