[plug] cannot get system to run init on bootup

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sat May 3 16:21:38 WST 2003

I'm having a problem with a system that cannot get pass the message :
Freeing unused kernel memory:  296k freed
The line above reads EXT-3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.

Is there a way to fix this where I can get this system to boot.  I ran e2fsck -p /dev/hda3.  It ran okay, but still cannot boot the system.

What I would like to do if it's possible is to install another drive and have this drive as a 2nd drive so I can (if possible) try to extract the data stored on it.

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby