[plug] More SCO in the news

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Mon May 19 17:14:03 WST 2003

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 03:57:38PM +0100, mark wrote:
> Maybe SCO are hoping after their bleating that someone will buy
> them out, IBM or even the Redmond giants (who could have stirred
> the sh*t).  One can only watch and wonder :-0

If SCO isn't financially bankrupt, then they're likely to follow
their moral bankruptcy soon.

http://www.suse.de/en/company/press/press_releases/archive03/sco_statement.html

SuSE state that they have not received any notification of breaches
of licences... or indications of which code is affected. SCO is
refusing to provide any specific evidence that their claims are
anything more than a FUD exercise.

If other have, as SCO claimed, paid SCO for licences on Linux
because of SCO's threats/allegations, then that's a serious case of
fraud.