[plug] [OT] Help needed : [Fwd: Mail System Error - Returned Mail]

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Thu May 22 10:18:56 WST 2003

>You aren't using a common name as such are you?  Such as say
>"richard at westnet.com.au" or something else similar?  As spammers
>typically send to all common names @domain.com to spam people.  e.g.
>joe at westnet.com.au, john at westnet.com.au etc.

>/ Ben

Unfortunately, you're sorta right. Considering that my surname is Meyer,
and the ADSL connection is for the whole family, I decided to call it
"meyers at westnet dot com dot au". The Sender id said that he was "Johnnie
Meyers" using the same id, which suggests to me that maybe there is a
duplicate id, with Johnnie baby spamming all and sundry with this sort of
stuff and I <quote> "get larger nuts and penis, more pleasure, more
satisfaction"  </quote>. The next thing is, he'll be sending off Nigerian
419's and the Feds'll haul me off in the Black Maria for Internet fraud, or
my id - if I ever use it for external mail - will be on the world+dog's
black hole list.

I have heard of the spammers stealing people's id's and them spamming them
with their own id in the Sender/Reply to fields, before as well.

Thanks
RichardM

BTW does anybody know *anybody* who buys the crap^H^H^H^Hproducts
advertised in one of these emails?