[plug] Qmail

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Fri Nov 7 13:00:04 WST 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 12:36:30PM +0800, Adam Hewitt wrote:

| <SNIP>
| > 1/ When you say "via the command line", do you mean you will be doing
| > this manually? If so, "just use `mutt`" :-)
| <SNIP>
|
| This is 99% what I want. I gave it a try and was very impressed with the way
| that Mutt handled the email, except for one thing...it doesn't leave the
| attachments encoded? Is there a way to send them with the attachments still
| encoded?
|
| For those who are interested I used
|
|     mutt -H 1065071214.20111.blah
|
| This then allows you to send a new email using the existing email as the
| template, keeping the headers in tact and everything...quite cool

In that case, perhaps what you want is the sendmail command?

$ cat blah | /usr/sbin/sendmail someone at example.com
$ cat blah | /usr/sbin/sendmail -f 'me at example.com' someone at example.com another at example.com

Note that this should work even if sendmail isn't actually sendmail.
The above commands were tested with exim, and should work with qmail
too.

Cameron.