[plug] File Dependancies

Greg and Lisa lmandgj at dodo.com.au
Fri Nov 7 13:08:43 WST 2003

Thanks to Paul finally made the DSL 200 talk to Linux.Many thanks for that.

Whilst trying to grasp the installing of applications under Linux i
thought id try installing Gaim and yahoo chat programs as thats what the
family uses under that "other" operating system.

I downloaded for instance the yahoo rpm and clicked on it and got the
application installer window to come up no problems..It starts to
isntall and then gives me a list of files it needs or depends on thats
not installed on my system.One of which is glib_2.3. I have searched for
this and cant find it any where.

Is it the case that with Linux you have to go off and hunt for these
files and install them seperately.

Thanks for the help.

Greg aka Linux Newby