[plug] Re: Backups

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Mon Nov 17 22:00:58 WST 2003

Cameron Patrick wrote:

> Oooh, I like.  I've wondered a couple of times whether (and how) tar
> could be used for incremental backups.  Now I know :-)

Took me ages to get it right, now it's right :p)

> BTW there's a truly nifty backup scheme using I've seen on the web and
> bookmarked for something to look into implementing one rainy day:
>
> 	http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/
>
> |         ~/pascal \
> *snicker*  ;-)

There's always one in every crowd!

Hello my name is Brad and I have a problem.
I love dselect, program in Pascal and do my tax in binary.

I keep up with the FPC compiler and when I have to "do" windows I use
Borland Delphi 4.
In fact I have written some stuff I run under linux using wine using Delphi.
I just can't find a quicker more refined way to bash out gui apps.

I used to have a small linux distro that loaded off a CF card and ran
completely in ram. Including wine, the distro based on uclibc and
busybox the whole thing was about 17MB on the CF.

Having changed career, programming is not my daily bread anymore and I
don't update my pascal source tree as much as I used to, but I still use it.

The entire digital music/lighting system in Gilkisons Dance studio in
Perth is written in Pascal running on linux. Even the low level Lighting
comms routines and audio mixing routines.

I even started writing a linux kernel module in pascal, then I figured
that sometimes "because I can" can just be carried too far :p)

Brad.