[plug] TV Tuner Card: Leadtek?

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Wed Nov 19 10:50:24 WST 2003

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 09:48, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> The "brochure" (a PDF) doesn't list the chipset (that I can see), but does
> have a similar blurb about dbx-stereo and MTS, with the added proviso that
> it's NTSC: "*Dbx-stereo is only provided for NTSC tuner with MTS feature".

DMA got back to me with an opinion. They confirmed that if I wanted Stereo, I
had to go with the "Expert" model, not the "Deluxe" model.

Unfortunately, the "Expert" model:
  *Costs $35ish more
  *Uses the CX2388X chipset (which has much less mature Linux support so far)
  *Doesn't seem to have (m)any reviews yet
It does seem to be a better quality TV Tuner card though (but that's useless
if it doesn't work under Linux for my purposes).

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |