[plug] ATI Radeon & Linux

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Fri Nov 21 14:29:00 WST 2003

I know ATI have less than stellar Linux support. I'm looking at one (9600 Pro)
as a possible solution for a dual-boot machine, whose loose goals are:
  *Be able to play Half-Life 2 when it comes out (ergo, budget ATI)
  *Be able to support TV Out under Linux
  *Be able to support features useful for smooth and decent quality video
play-back (hardware scaling, filtering, etc...) (ie; Freevo-type usage)

Is there enough Linux support for these latter items with all ATI Radion
9600's? Are there differences in TV Out on these cards? I'd really appreciate
some feedback from someone with experience and/or knowledge on this...

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |