[plug] Linux webcam / camera

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Wed Nov 26 09:42:22 WST 2003

I've dug through the archives on previous topics related to cameras and
Linux and haven't found anything specific.

I'm interested in finding a web cam style camera that can take frames at
set intervals (half a second intervals would be good) to connect up to a
Linux box.

Just some sort of a "dumb camera" that plugs into USB or serial or
something and interfaces with Linux to save images, not one of those
cameras that takes photos and uploads them via FTP or something similar,
those type of things are more than I'd want to pay.

Anyone have any suggestions for a camera that will work with Linux to do
something along these lines?

TIA.

/ Ben