zsh and screen (was: Re: [plug] console scroll)

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Nov 27 15:00:11 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 17:23, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <20031127060230.GF14435 at erdos.home>
> on Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 02:02:30PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> > | You probably have EDITOR set to vi
> >
> > Of course I bloody do!  What kind of fool do you take me for? ;-)
>
> Public service announcement on behalf of Onno: 'editor wars' are a
> common source of opinion and...'entertainment'. It's all just fun and
> games (hmm). You don't *really* have to use vim. Unless you know what's
> good for you ;-)

You're all crazy!

The last time I used a text editor with command key equivalents was on
DOS 3.2. At the time I used edlin because it allowed me to pick my nose
while I was on the phone fielding support calls - one astute user even
noted that they didn't hear my keys click - duh!

If in this day and age I am required to edit text I use and prefer
nedit. You silly people never seemed to have heard of a mouse or a gui,
why would you torment yourself with an editor that requires you to know
keyboard short-cuts just to get help - or quit?

Besides, can someone please explain how I make galeon read info pages,
because I detest manuals written in info...

<Job well done, more fat on the fire, add in some man vs. info bashing,
make a comment about web-browsers, should throw in some disparaging
comment about Linux...>

And under Linux, you can't even sync a Palm OS5 device over USB, so
Windows rocks.

So, now that I've entertained myself, I'll just get back in my box :-)

Cheers ----

See, my public service announcement works, now I even type messages to
the list without the need to actually type or hit send... I'm working on
the same principle to get software written - stay tuned ;-)

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°43'17" - E150°34'56" (Kangaroo Valley, NSW)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..