[plug] error msg "syntax error near unexpected token"

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Sun Nov 30 22:38:11 WST 2003

Jon,

In message <sfca75ef.033 at mmtnetworks.com.au>
on Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 10:57:46PM +0800, Jon  Miller wrote:
> Sorry, not clear on what you mean .  Line 10 in the backup.sh is
> nothing more than a comment # Variables.

I have NO IDEA why you make this claim. YOU supplied backup.sh to us as
THE FOLLOWING. I have ADDED line numbers and a comment to indicate why
your comment is FALLACIOUS:

Content of /root/backup/backup.sh
 1	# Variables
 2	EMAILTO="Jon Miller<jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>"
 3	DESTFILE="backupusr at rh9fs1:/dev/tape"
 4	BACKUPFILES="/root /etc /var/lib/mysql"
 5	BACKUPDIR="${HOME}/backup"
 6	LEVEL="${1}"
 7
 8	# Load backup functions file /root/backup/backup-functions
 9	cd ${BACKUPDIR}
10	./backup-functions # HELLO! THIS IS LINE 10! IT IS IN ERROR!
11
12	# Do the backup
13	tar_backup
14