[plug] dselect help

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Oct 2 14:31:03 WST 2003

In message <3F7BC49C.2080905 at iinet.net.au>
on Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 02:24:28PM +0800, Tim Bowden wrote:
> I have just tried installing evolution which has failed.  I have my
> sources.list pointed to testing but the required package is only
> available in stable.

Interesting. Evolution is listed in all of stable/testing/unstable here:
<http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=evolution&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all>

> Perhaps I am wrong but I was under the impression that any
> dependancies for a testing or unstable package would also be in the
> same stream.

Do you have an /etc/apt/preferences for pinning at all? You might like
to use the "-t testing" option for apt-get in order to effectively
ignore stable and resolve all the dependencies within testing.