[plug] Socket A cooling recommendations

bob bob at fots.org.au
Fri Oct 10 13:59:20 WST 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 01:47 pm, Ben Jensz wrote:
> Thermalright heatsinks are fairly well respected amongst those who
> overclock for their cooling abilities.  When I had an Athlon XP 1600+, I
> had a Thermalright SLK-800 heatsink on it which took 80mm fans (and a
> couple of small sizes as well apparently).  I had a low speed 80mm Sunon
> fan on it that was relatively quiet and pushed a fair amount of air
> (enough to keep my CPU under 55 degrees even under full load on hot
> summer days here - Broome).
>
> It was rather expensive though (around $100 with a fan at the time).  It
> was heavy though, being all copper.

I have found that Altronics have TT Volcano 9s on special at the moment
$37.95 ea (~$20 discount on others retail price) so I think I know where
I'm going this pm :).

Not an all copper but a copper base with Al fins design. As I'm not O/C-ing
I hope I don't have to go to extreme measures :)

--
Aren't you glad you're not getting all the government you pay for now?