[plug] Socket A cooling recommendations

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Oct 10 14:01:53 WST 2003

In message <3F8647D6.6050302 at jensz.id.au>
on Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 01:47:02PM +0800, Ben Jensz wrote:
> enough to keep my CPU under 55 degrees even under full load on hot

Ah, I've always wondered what temperatures people were dealing with when
setting up cooling systems. I'm used to working with processors running
between 60--80C but it sounds like people are probably cooling to
something below that. I seem to remember that when I was living in the
Northern Territory, I heard rumours that some people had computers using
"Intel" "Pentiums" (what's the fuss about?) but adoption was slowed by
the fact that they couldn't be used reliably without air conditioning,
at the time.