[plug] [OT] Boot process fails

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Oct 10 15:58:47 WST 2003

In message <1065772134.5721.121.camel at phoenix>
on Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 03:48:55PM +0800, Adam Hewitt wrote:
> I am having an issue with my desktop pc at home where when I turn it on
> it gets past the RAM check and HDD detection and then hangs.

This might be wildly off the mark, but I had problems whose description
matches yours, though the problems were with a couple of non-PC
machines. Turned out to be NVRAM problems. I recall that in at least one
of the two cases, problems were simply fixed by replacing the battery
and then booting successfully to make all the NVRAM settings valid.