[plug] NVidia drivers and RENDER acceleration

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 17 07:49:16 WST 2003

Varies an awful lot
framebuffer is slower than console
console and X arn't too far apart
xterm is slower than gnome-terminal on gentoo
a screen session seems slower again, but I cant get figures to support
that yet
also need to check 2>&1 > /dev/null for timings as well.

Writing to a display seems like a bad idea when a lot of data is to be
written (compiling)

Was 2.4 kernel on distro day, couldnt get X up.