[plug] mice

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Oct 27 11:23:38 WST 2003

In message <1067140192.837.5.camel at anne>
on Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 11:49:43AM +0800, Anne Busby wrote:
> I have a similar problem (aggravated by a number of years as working on
> checkout - before scanners) - I swapped hands and use my left hand -
> most Linux desktops support swapping of the mouse buttons to make a
> mouse left-handed. I also use a mouse that is shaped to be use in either
> hand (ms optical wheel mouse).

Thank you for suggesting that! It's quite fun, isn't it? With a regular
1xx-key keyboard, the mouse is closer to the left hand, anyway. The
reason I thank you is that my current seating arrangement has me leaning
against a sideboard a lot (my monitor is right up against the board) so
it is annoying to reach for the right-handed mouse. The obvious solution
is to put my mouse of the left. The idea just hadn't "clicked".
(Probably 'cos I will have to clear some things away from the
left-of-keyboard desk surface.)

PS. I know one group of people that has a left-hand moulded mouse from a
previous user on a now-shared computer. They insist on keeping a right-
handed button configuration!?!?!