[plug] Anyone heard of Microworld?

Luke Brown luke at bur.st
Fri Oct 31 10:28:33 WST 2003

Adam Hewitt wrote:

>I haven't heard of this guy/company, however when I was doing computer tech
>work all those years ago I went for an "interview" with a company in Mt.
>Lawley (can't remember the name, but they sold reconditioned second handpc's). Anyways the guy told me to come back for a "trial period"

Ah the (technically illegal) trial period...

I remember when I went for a job at a Perth ISP and was told I had a
weeks "trial period" so they could decide between the two applicants
they had shortlisted.

Turned out they were understaffed and had no intention of only employing
one person, didnt stop me spending a week unpaid showing the other guys
how to do their jobs tho :/

--
luke