[plug] Anyone heard of Microworld?

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Fri Oct 31 10:48:07 WST 2003

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 10:28:33AM +0800, Luke Brown wrote:
> I remember when I went for a job at a Perth ISP and was told I had a
> weeks "trial period" so they could decide between the two applicants
> they had shortlisted.
>
> Turned out they were understaffed and had no intention of only employing
> one person, didnt stop me spending a week unpaid showing the other guys
> how to do their jobs tho :/

This appears to be a trend.. sort of unpaid consulting..

I too have been asked to do this for a few job applications..
my response was to say yes, BUT that if I was not hired for the
job, the company would be up for paying me for the week/days etc..
and I asked for a written agreement to that end..

All said thanks but no thanks..  and thus all missed out on my
dazzling personality gracing their establishments :)

I of course missed out on working for them for free :)

I think there are pros and cons, but I wonder about the
"insurance" side of things, in the event someone working for free
like this got hurt ?..

Kim