[plug] Religious debate - editor wars

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Sep 4 10:16:30 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 09:58, Richard Meyer wrote:
> Yesterday I was talking to a colleague about editors and he mentioned
> Slickedit. He personally believed that it was the best editor available -
> bar none. Is anybody using it? If not, what editors do people recommend
> (apart from vim/elvis/vi and emacs).  ;)

While I will check out slickedit, I've moved from NT using EditPlus-2,
to Debian, and now I use and prefer nedit.

Development seems a little stale, but it does what I need and doesn't
crash and handles big files with no problems. Pretty happy with it.

Cheers,

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S15:51'18" - E128:45'05" (Crossing Falls, Kununurra, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..