[plug] Can you recommend a book on learning Linux?

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Sep 8 16:47:04 WST 2003

I've had three customers ask for same within the last week, and I
generally don't use books.

The machine the most recent querant is using is a Mandrake 9.1 box which
is RPM-based and has a fairly modern KDE as the default WM, so I
suspect that a book starting there would be fairly apropos.

Generally, expense is not a big problem but a book which is obsolete or
lacks relevancy (too computer-sciency and light on practical examples,
or too fluffy and up to the eyeballs in cute icons at the expense of
real content) is.

What can you recommend?

Cheers; Leon