[plug] Linux Job

Scott Middleton scott at LinuxIT.com.au
Tue Sep 16 22:57:52 WST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 21:12, Derek Fountain wrote:

> Is this a hoax?

No and it is sad that you think i would do that. Maybe you should've
asked me!

> I just sent an email off to the given email address, and received an extremely
> rude reply. There's actually no indication on the job database entry of who
> or what "tux2hart at iinet.net.au" actually is. If anyone knows, let me know so
> I can avoid this company/agency in the future!

Please forward me the email you sent and the reply you received and i
will have some words to the managing director who originally contacted
me.
I also corresponded by email and by phone to the person who posted the
ad. The guy who posted the ad is a contractor for the company, he was
asked to put into writing their needs. I personally don't know their
specific needs as we only handle a very small part of their overflow.

The guy who does most of their Linux work is severely under load and
they want him for other things other than Linux administration.  I have
not been specifically told what i can or can't say about the company and
to be honest i don't know everything about them except I know their
current Linux guy quite well. I do know it is not about support for 200
hundred users and more about using Linux to control devices remotely and
so forth. I don't know if they have more than one office in WA but the
office i go to is in Myaree.

> On the other hand, if I have been scammed, I sheepishly put my hand up to it.
> Hook, line and sinker... :o}

I apologise for that impression and if you contacted me off-list i
would've looked into it directly.

I wouldn't post jobs here unless i am sure it is legitimate. I thought
there would be many pluggers suitable for this local job.

Regards

--
Scott Middleton <scott at LinuxIT.com.au>