[plug] Alternatives to Verisign/Thawte

Patrick Tehvand patrick at carey.wa.edu.au
Thu Sep 18 11:02:06 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 10:52, Richard Meyer wrote:
<snip ugly mail formatting>

> >$author = "Patrick Tehvand" ;
> >>
> >> I have previously used Thwaite. easy process to get it.
>
> >ummmm, have a guess who owns Thawte.
>
> >http://www.thawte.com/html/CORPORATE/timeline.html
>
> >marty
>
> I think Patrick said exactly what he meant ;).
>
> Notwithstanding the posting by Leon on how to misspell creatively, Thawte
> <> Thwaite. See
>
> http://www.wittsend.com/crypto/notes23.html
>
> <quote>
>  Most browsers will complain if the common name in the certificate does not
> match the server name it was attempting to contact. Most browsers will also
> complain if the certificate was not signed by a recognized certifying
> authority, such as Verisign or Thwaite.
> </quote>
>
> Or this site also mentions certificates by Thwaite
>
> http://www.oznet.net.au/oznet/domain.htm
>
> Having said that, let me answer the original question. Oznet
> http://secure.oznet.com.au/ can sell you 128 bit digital certs at
> AU$297/year from GeoTrust.
>
> Cheers
> RichardM

.... yeah... that's exactly what I meant. I kan spel reel goud!

No I did mean Thawte. Just misread Kirk's original subject.

my bad.

--
Patrick Tehvand
IT Department,

Member - Society of Linux Professionals (WA)

support running on Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike).
10:59:23 up 6 days, 22:45, 7 users, load average: 0.31, 0.36, 0.30